KVKs Concept of CSR
Through manufacturing focused on providing easy-to-use Faucet Taps
for all people developed from a customer perspective, the KVK Group is working to contribute to the development of a sustainable society that earns the trust and meets the expectations of all stakeholders, including customers, business partners, shareholders and investors, and the local community.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a critical component of KVK's management strategy. We put our management philosophy into action in the way we do business, aiming to develop positive connections with all of our stakeholders and, as a result, increase corporate value.Basic Stance on Corporate Governance
The KVK Group strives to make flexible and accurate responses to changes in the business environment, as well as to strengthen its competitiveness, based on its management policies, and believes that creating a highly transparent and sound management structure, as well as enhancing the checking functions and raising the fairness of this structure, are critical issues. The KVK Group is aiming to improve its corporate governance as part of these initiatives.Our History
- February 1939: Kitamura Chuzosho was established in Gokisocho, Showa ward, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, and started manufacturing hydrant cocks.
- January 1949: Kitamura Valve Co., Ltd. was founded in order to manufacture and sell hydrant cocks.
- December 1958: The JIS mark is authorised to be displayed at the Head Office Plant.
- March 1963: The existing location in Kurono, Gifu, Gifu Prefecture, has been renovated for integrated faucet manufacture.
- March 1964: We were authorized to use the JIS mark on a larger scale.
- November 1976: As an exceptional factory in standardization and quality control, it received the Director's Award from the Economy, Trade, and Industry Bureau.
- October 1980: The Directors Award for Outstanding Plant in Standardization and Quality Control was given by the Agency of Industrial Science and Technology.
- April 1989: Kanto and Kansai branches are were opened.
- June 1989: Hida Plant (Faucet Assembly) was inaugurated (Merged to Hidafurukawa Plant in July 2001).
- December 1989: Our subsidiary by the name Dalian Kitamura Valve Co., Ltd. was established in Economic and Technical Development Zone in Dalian, Liaoning Province and Peoples Republic of China.
- April 1992: Our enterprise was renamed as KVK Corporation to meet the needs of customers associated with Faucet Taps.
- October 1993: Our Tohoku branch was established.
- November 1993: Stocks that have been registered with the Securities Dealers Association of Japan for OTC trading (Stocks listed on the Jasdaq Securities Exchange from December 2004) (In April 2010, it merged with the Osaka Securities Exchange.) (In July 2013, it was merged into the Tokyo Stock Exchange Regulation.)
- April 1994: Dalian FTZ Kitamura International Industry & Trade Co., Ltd. (sales and distribution) is a subsidiary of Dalian FTZ Kitamura International Industry & Trade Co., Ltd., which is based in Dalian, Liaoning Province, People's Republic of China (Merged to Dalian Kitamura Valve Co., Ltd. in January 2010)
- August 1994: Hidafurukawa Plant was founded (machining process)
- September 1995: We joined the New Production System Study Group.
- February 1997: ISO 9001 accreditation was obtained (transitioned to ISO 9001:2015 in February 2018)
- January 1998: Dalian Kitamura Valve Co., Ltd., a subsidiary, was granted permission to use the JIS mark.
- July 2000: ISO 14001 accreditation was received (transitioned to ISO 14001:2015 in February 2018)
- December 2000: Metal plating and additional assembly lines were added to the Hidafurukawa Plant.
- November 2003: Dalian Kitamura Valve Co., Ltd., a subsidiary, has received ISO 9001:2000 accreditation (transitioned to ISO 9001:2015 in September 2018)
- June 2005: Dalian Kitamura Valve Co., Ltd. No.2 Plant is a subsidiary of Dalian Kitamura Valve Co., Ltd. (manufacturing plant).
- March 2008: MYM MFG CO., LTD. and TATSUTAMA CO., LTDfaucet .'s and pipe fittings activities were acquired and Tomika Plant was founded.
- October 2011: Dalian Kitamura Valve Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nishi-nihon Branch, was certified to ISO 14001:2004. (transitioned to ISO 14001:2015 in October 2017)
- June 2016: In Taipei City, Taiwan, KVK CORPORATION TAIWAN OFFICE was established (March 2018: closed down the office).
- September 2016: Our subsidiary KVK PHILIPPINES, INC. was established in Batangas, Philippines.
- November 2016: The office of Tomika was established.
- July 2018: Changed the companys registered name to KVK Corporation. Also, the headquarter was relocated to Tomika-cho, Kamo-gun, Gifu Prefecture.
- December 2020: Our Nagoya based showroom was closed.
: We have established machinery that enable sharp transfer from pouring sand to die-cutting through careful selection and control of moulding sand, which provides the basis for casting, based on our cutting-edge casting technology and acquired experiences over the years. We also have cutting-edge equipment and facilities, such as a melting system that can handle a wide range of materials, allowing us to produce consistently stable and uniform castings under a tight quality control system.
: We have developed tight quality control methods with the introduction of Auto Dimension Measuring Equipment and Quality Inspection Devices based on our unique milling know-how and enhanced machining accuracy and efficiency to quickly manufacture better high-end quality goods. The merging of professional craftmanship with cutting-edge milling equipment at the machining centre improves intellectual technology on a daily basis, resulting in processed goods with high dimensional precision and better reproducibility.Polishing
: This technique necessitates expert craftsmanship and meticulous polishing of the product. One of our most significant missions as a decorative product with a water system is to improve the products design. We are dedicated to the form and beauty of our products, pursuing trustworthy quality with zeal and zealousness, and striving to create environmentally friendly products through automation and human-machine integration.Plating
: A fully automated plating equipment is critical in creating items that are rust-resistant and have a lovely gloss. Cleaning, nickel plating, and chromium plating are just a few of the 33 procedures used in our automated plating facility. Our plating wastewater treatment uses an ion exchange device to enhance water recycling and make it pollution-free, and we coat not just metals but also plastic items.Assembly
: We use our own testing equipment that incorporates modern, cutting-edge technology to conduct pressure resistance and water flow checks on high-end products. We are very meticulous about our manufacturing system, and we are constantly working on a more efficient, zero-waste manufacturing process based on the principle of producing items only when customers need it, what they need, and how much they need it. We also ensure that our employees work in a safe and secure atmosphere.